Visiting this page for the first time? Click me to expand some additional information you may find useful.
How is this page different from the Bio and Projects page?This page is more of a timeline of my work history. It’s sort of like my LinkedIn profile rather than two long pages of bullets. Note: Major projects for each year include both personal and work-related projects.
Looking for a copy of my print Resumé?A PDF copy is available here.
Is this in chronological order?Yes and no. Positions and projects are grouped by starting year.
I have a question about…There’s a pretty good chance I’ve answered it at the FAQ in the bottom. If I haven’t, feel free to shoot me an email.
Stephen James Weber
- South Waterfront, Portland, OR
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, June 2015. 3.44 GPA
Volunteer Experience:Portland Streetcar – Projects & Planning, and Equity, Advocacy & Communications Subcommittees Member February 2018 – Present
Major Projects:HOP Fastpass Beta Test (March – Present) – I was honored to be chosen as one of the first users of HOP Fastpass, a new fare card system for use on C-Tran, Portland Streetcar, and TriMet. It launched to the public on July 5th, but beta testing of additional features is ongoing.
- Portland learns how to be a smarter city – Portland Tribune (with syndication on KOIN6)
- TriMet unveils new ‘Hop Fastpass’ system – FOX12 Oregon
- TriMet’s Hop Fastpass officially launches – KOIN6
- Hop Fastpass rolls out in Portland metro, making transportation easier for riders – KATU2
Work History:Support Center Analyst II | Kroger January 2016 – Present
- Perform Tier I support for In-Store Networking systems, including remote management of HP Aruba switches, IBM & Lenovo ThinkCenters, and network security.
- Assisted with migrating 2,000+ sites to a new, segmented network setup.
- Coordinate third-party dispatches and onsite activities.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors with ClickList, Kroger’s rapidly growing eCommerce platform.
- Ensure site down events are resolved quickly with minimal impact to business operations.
- Create and maintain troubleshooting documentation for multiple teams.
- Train new and existing associates on new software and hardware rollouts.
- Trained the Portland Digital Support Team.
- Subject Matter Expert for Digital Operations and Next-Generation Wi-Fi Deployment.
- Skip Beat! US Release (Work done June 2016, released November 2017) – During the Kickstarter for a US release of Skip Beat!, a call was put out for volunteers to assist with editing episode subtitles. I volunteered my digital red pen and was assigned episodes six and seven to work on.
- Redubbing the NS Line (Released February 15, 2016) – A month-long project to re-dub the Portland Streetcar NS Line in its entirety. I did a low-res 720p export of existing footage I had and ran it through Logic Pro to extract the original audio. Details of every stop were recorded in a Pages document, and recording started with just reading off the entirety of the needed audio. The audio was recorded using a Shure SM7B microphone connected to a PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL connected to my MacBook Pro. The audio was then cut into chunks and aligned with the original audio, stop by stop. The first pass of aligned audio was duplicating, “The next stop is,” to mark where every stop was. The audio bit for each stop was then put in place in a second pass. The third pass involved placing repeated audio at the correct stops, such as, “Doors to the left”. The fourth pass involved manually ducking the dubbed audio over the original. The final pass checked timings, missed audio, and re-records of audio that had artifacts and/or other issues. The finished audio was then bounced from Logic and added to Final Cut Pro, where the original audio track was removed, and the completed dubbing put in its place. Some small video edits were then made before the finished project was uploaded to YouTube.
Work History:Website Administrator | Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co. August 2015 – October 2015
- Updated and maintained the Magento storefront and backend.
- Coordinated with third-party vendors to maintain and develop custom functionality.
- Assisted with SAP By Design integration.
- Portland Streetcar Proof-of-Concept: A port of the Portland Streetcar website to a responsive design.
- DragonTrax: A clinical encounter and evaluation system for the Nurse Anesthesia program at Drexel University. It was my team’s Senior Design project and was awarded 2nd place in the Senior Design Competition for my college, The College of Computing and Informatics.
Work History:Archives Assistant | Drexel University April 2014 – June 2014
- Assisted with the digitization and cataloging of the Archives collection.
- Processed reference inquires.
Major Projects:Project Getting There: Mobile-friendly bus arrivals for SEPTA. Enter a Stop ID and receive the next three arrivals. Built using the SEPTA API and entirely open-source. I no longer live in Philly, so I’m no longer able to provide regular support for it.
Work History:Solution and Delivery Analyst, Digital, Quality and Delivery | Accenture Australia September 2013 – March 2014
- Assisted with the migration from Sharepoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2013 for AGL Energy, one of Australia’s leading energy providers.
- Partook in Dress Rehearsals and Go-Live.
- Provided an evaluation of Microsoft Test Manager.
- directly supported the Project Manager.
- Developed Windows PowerShell scripts to manage Active Directory and SharePoint 2013.
- Co-developed Perl scripts for batch file processing.
- Designed an application to sync employee photos from a Sharepoint list to Active Directory after rescaling and cropping to the face automatically.
- Created supporting documentation for custom applications.
- Processed scanning request from university researchers.
- Assisted with digitizing the Archives’ collection and maintenance of its database.
Major Projects:Twilight Symphony (TPS) / Project Maranello (Release year): Zelda Reorchestrated’s last project. We successfully crowdfunded hiring a live choir via Kickstarter before Kickstarter was widely known. I provided feedback and ideas in the early years of the project and helped out with our panels at MAGFest 2013. The coolest team project I’ve worked on to date.
Work History:Computer Operator, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory | NOAA October 2012 – March 2013
- Monitored over one-hundred on-site and remote computer systems via Nagios and SSH.
- Monitored and maintained five tape silos.
- Assisted with the decommissioning of one Storagetek Powderhorn 9310.
- Assisted with various building operations, including shipping and receiving and mechanical room checks.
- Created a survey of the wireless network to ensure all areas of the facility were adequately covered via iStumbler.
- Assisted with the digitization of the collection.
- Fulfilled scanning requests for research inquiries.
Work History:eZseatU Campus Representative, Drexel University | The Philadelphia Orchestra April 2011 – July 2012
- Created targeted marketing campaigns.
- Managed distribution of promotional and marketing materials around the Drexel University campus.
- Collaborated with other staff to create new campaigns to promote program awareness.
- Assisted with security risk assessments and reviews.
- Developed PHP and mySQL applications for internal use to ensure data integrity.
- Assisted with a company-wide launch of Yammer.
Work History:Webmaster & Virtual Assistant | Strong Incentives November 2008 – July 2011
- Developed several specialized WordPress sites.
- Provided graphic design services and general Information Technology consulting.
- Moderation Team Manager.
- Maintained and managed community forums and live chat.
- Contributed news and feature articles for the News Team.
- Reported to the Lead Administrator & Founder.
Work History:Support Staff | Zelda Reorchestrated December 2007 – June 2013
- Managed the community forums and live chat operations.
- Responded to inquiries from fans and fielded more technical questions to senior members of the team.
- Provided secondary opinions as needed.
- Assisted with convention appearances.